Saturday 3 December 2011

ENTERPRISE TASK 2


WHERE ARE MY POTENTIAL CLIENTS/EMPLOYERS LOCATED?

-Coastal City's and towns around the world
-Small Businesses e.g shops stores
-Corporate companies e.g brands and stores
-Festivals , events , competitions 
-Web based company's and brands


As i am interested in the fashion and branding side of design my clients and employers could potentially be globally spread as that area in the industry is very vast.





WHAT MEDIA DO MY POTENTIAL CLIENTS/EMPLOYERS USE?

Advertising yourself over The Internet through using blogs and websites is one of the most obvious , easiest and most popular ways to get you're work seen by potential clients. It is like an online journal of work visually communicating you're journey through graphic design , the skills you have and how you have applied them to specific briefs and requirements. This works visa verse, i can view potentially employers work through their blogs and websites to make sure that their style and way of working suits mine before getting involved with that particular company.

The second form of media that my clients may use and look for would be visually communicating in the forms of printed pieces of work i.e posters, cards,zines,letters,leaflets and business cards and more. This way , especially if you are interested in print , communicates you're work effectively and gives a real feel to your practise and style of design.

The last way of communication would be sending work or files over digitally by posting a CD or sending a PDF document through e-mail.This can also be used to make sure that my original work is backed up to ensure the client or myself receive the work. 


WHAT DO YOU NEED TO COMMUNICATE AND HOW DOES IT MATCH WHAT YOUR CLIENTS/EMPLOYER NEED?


The main thing that i need to communicate across to the employer would be my unique and effective approach in visually communicating to their audience which would effectively benefit their company , sales and interest , WHICH IS WHAT THEY NEED.
   
SUMMARY 
  



As my potential clients could be located in  different countries, this could effect the way in which the work and information is communicated between either party, through both file sharing and postal means. 

Issues that could arise
 - Costing
      - Error in Files
  - Translation of text
- Lost/Damaged Information between parties
 - Software variations and ability to open files
                                  


Some of the issues that may arise regarding Political issues with my work my be due to my branding. If I choose certain words on my products to portray my point, they may be deemed offensive in other countries; this is ultimately due to my potential clients being based world wide and not just in the UK. An example of this would be Jiff having to change its original brand name to Ciff, due to the translation of the original name when penetrating a foreign market. 

An Economic issue that could arise with my product is the fact that when exporting my products to other countries various taxes and additional costs may arise. Again as my clients have the potential to be overseas, I would be dealing with different currencies and conversion rates meaning expenses may sometimes impact the way I can get my information over to them. 


A Social issue that may arise from my products that could effect my potential clients may be down to the pricing of my products. If I choose to price my products to high I may be limiting myself to certain social groups and likewise if I price my products to cheaply I will be targeting social groups at the other end of the spectrum. Therefore when choosing the price bracket to put my products in I need to make sure that it is appealing and accessible to all social groups that will be interested in my range of products. 

Finally a Technical issue that may arise with the way I communicate my message will be down to 
the way in which I send/receive files over to potential clients, this could be down to the various types of software that different graphic designers may use meaning difficulty in opening and receiving files. This is also greatly increased due to the fact that my clientele is potentially global based meaning even more difficulty resolving these issues.    



All of these issues relating to PEST therefore have the potential to ultimately limit my clients and the ability to work with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment