Thursday 22 December 2011

Blurring the Lines Between Graphic Design and Fashion



On my conquest in finding out where me and my graphics's style can fit into the fashion industry i discovered quite an interesting article on What a Fashion-Minded Graphic Designer is to Do? by a fashion school review columnist , Jessica Santina.

I read that Numerous graphic design jobs can be found within the fashion industry like being involved in the development of fashion advertising ,catalogues or developing graphic artwork that will eventually make its way onto graphic T-shirts, pants, dresses, skirts, or jackets. I also discovered that i could possibly find work designing jewelry or accessories--creating shapes and interesting designs that might translate into wearable art.
But what would benefit me most is jobs where i may be in charge of creating publicity layouts, which may eventually wind up in newspapers or magazines Or i could be asked to design packaging or collateral materials--things like brochures, letterhead, logos, annual reports--for fashion design companies or apparel manufacturers.

This has made me feel a whole lot better and given me more of an insight in what to look for during my PPD tasks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment