Monday 14 November 2011

ACTION PLAN SESSION

CV - WHAT IS A CV?
 A shop window into who you are as a person and designer.
Something to represent 'me' ,'where i am' and 'how i got here'

Things to remember whilst creating you're CV...
-Treat it like its any other brief!
-a designers CV can be ANYTHING

  • a card
  • a t-shirt
  • a photograph
  • piece of print
  • a CD
  • a website
  • a box
-AS LONG AS IT HAS ALL THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AS A DESIGNER.
-All you re skills should be in/on it
-SPELLCHECKING IS ESSENTIAL
-send a covering letter with you re CV
-mention my place in GRAPHIC DESIGN
-in you re portfolio there should be no more than 8-10 pieces of work
- you re CV should include

  • my journey
  • my wants
  • my aspirations 
  • what i have to offer
Making contact...

  • telephone (prepare notes) - never ask for work straight away, arrange a meeting first.
  • e-mail (spell check)
  • Post (contact info)
  • Handwritten letter (could include illustrations)
DONT DISCOUNT LETTERS!


START THINGKING ABOUT BUISNESS CARDS!!
should include 
  • WHO I AM
  • WHAT I DO
  • CONTACT DETAILS
  • SKYPE ADD
  • Photograph (personal choice)
AND REMEMBER - MAKE IT MEMORABLE 

links-






No comments:

Post a Comment