Wednesday 4 January 2012

Business Card's

Here is a selection of business cards from last years third years , i collected a few that caught my eye at the end of year exhibition.
As i starting to think about designing one myself i though it would be a good idea to collect some inspiration first.
I seem to have chosen the more simplistic styles of cards with a clear and clean finish...

Dan Boome's business card is simplistic and minimalistic , the tiny typefaces chosen maybe slightly too small as i had to squint to see it, although it looks good , it could do with being a little more readable. I think that i would choose a boulder typeface...




The single patterned shape on the front of the card worked well with the blank background, and the shiny foil finish made it that bit more individual and noticeable.



Ben Bowsher's card is also clean cut but not so simplistic, the stripy background makes the card more intellectual and detailed. I loved the duck egg blue background with the silver foil finish on the typeface, his BB logo typeface worked really well with it being a tall thin font as it went with the slick style of it, maybe this says something about the designers work. I think it is a good idea to reflect the kind of designer you are in your'e business card so you attract the right clients.






Hannah Jackson is the next card. I like the organic texture of the card , and the fact that it is recycled would defiantly generate interest as it shows she has though about the stock carefully.
I think her logo is nice too, the pastle teal colour goes really well with the off white stock. And the typeface 'Lobster' looks nice and bold against the light colour of circle.






I also like the bold black and white business card by Alex Walter, i saw some of his work and his business card really captured his clean graphic style style of work. I like how the front is black on white and the back is white on black, simple but effective. I like the use of capitals on the contact info, it makes it readable. 






No comments:

Post a Comment